Rear bumper back up sensor "retrofit"

sigh.. Why is it everytime I SPECIFICALLY mention what I'm looking to do, someone pops up with an "alternative"??? I'm beginning to wonder if anyone here really knows how to read...

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Pretty sure that point was made clear.. Here, let me quote it for you again. Maybe this time it'll sink in. Obviously you've missed the point TWICE now..

"In my quest to get my freshly rear-ended truck back together, I've been kicking around the idea of getting either a smoothie bumper or the OEM bumper with the back up sensors.. "

Note the word EITHER right in the middle. That indicates a CHOICE. Now note the acronym "OEM". Original Equipment Manufacturer. Kinda indicates Ford Motor Company, doesn't it?

I could have sworn I said that. Technically, I don't have any bumper thanks to the pinhead that plowed in to me last Friday. Again, you can reference the above quote and the one below if you've got problems with short term memory,

"Anyone know if an '02 SuperDuty (4wd if it matters) that doesn't have this system can be retrofitted without too much hassle? Obviously I need the bumper with the sensors, but what goes in the cab? (and where?)"

No, ONCE AGAIN, I *SPECIFICALLY* stated I was looking to pick up the OEM parts WITH the backup sensors. Again, the above quote.. (This is like pulling teeth..)

Evidently you don't read very well. Reread the last paragraph where I SPECIFICALLY mention the local dealer Service Manager and the parts counter guy not knowing if it was possible. And to address your question, "buy one" what? Bumper? Wiring harness(es)? In cab hardware? Hmm.. maybe all of the above? What a novel idea!! I wish I would have asked that in the first place. Oh wait.. I DID!!

Wow. I never thought of that... That's GENIUS! Pure effing GENIUS!! Your parents must be so proud...

Man, I hope I don't lose any sleep over that.. I don't know what I'd do if you never saw my posts again... IgnorANUS...

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

In my quest to get my freshly rear-ended truck back together, I've been kicking around the idea of getting either a smoothie bumper or the OEM bumper with the back up sensors..

Anyone know if an '02 SuperDuty (4wd if it matters) that doesn't have this system can be retrofitted without too much hassle? Obviously I need the bumper with the sensors, but what goes in the cab? (and where?)

Anhyone done this? The local dealer service mangler's eyes seem to glaze over when I ask about this and I'm getting the "I'm not sure" answer from the parts counter..

Thx!

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Check with J.C. Whitney- they have a number of backup sensor packages. SC Tom

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
SC Tom

the idea of getting either a smoothie bumper Don't think that's OEM. Possibly an alternative?

that doesn't have this system You don't have the system, nor do you have the proper bumper at this time. Maybe you're looking for an alternative? If not, don't pester the group, just go to a Ford dealer and buy one. Get the numbers off the internet for all the parts (you do know how to use a search engine, don't you?) and order them. Bye bye! (plonk))

"The OTHER Kev>

Reply to
SC Tom

I'd think that the ECM would have to have the proper programming for it.

And you can't order one WITH the programming, because they are 'flashed' with programming when installed (on an 02), the 'flash' gets its info from the VIN, and your VIN will indicate 'no rear back-up sensor'

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Don't worry Guy! It takes all kinds :-)

Reply to