Reason for repeated "Overcharged Battery" ?

I recently posted aobut my 5.8L v8 F-150 going bonkers after a recently installed new ECM.

Well...My trouble has continued...

IN THE RAIN, the other day, I drove the truck about 5 minutes across town, when my AIRBAG warning lite flashed and beeped...then came the CHECK GAUGES warning...then the engine began to sputter...then luckily two feet from a friends house, the engine died on me. The dealership that has sold me this (what I fear to be a LEMON) truck, said that the new ECM was went over (bullshit) and is working fine. He said the battery appeared "OVERCHARGED"...he asked me if I recently jumped it or put a battery charger on it...which I of course did not.

Adding to my pecismism is the fact that I bought the truck with a new battery installed. So after two weeks of around town driving, the thing crapped out on me...

WHat could cause this ?? Likely ECM related right ?

I mentioned that fact that any moisture...in the air, on the road...water seems to crap out the whole electrical system. When things are dry, she purrs like a kitten. They told me only the battery issue is causing my problems...

Please Help !

Reply to
Yabahoobs

djdave

Replace the alt, and spray WD40 around the inside of your distributor cap. How many volts is the alternator charging?

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech