remote starter??

i have a python 1400 xp remote starter. it was installed in my chevy p/u in

2002. i bought my expy in june of 06 and had the starter moved into it then. on cold mornings it will not start, 40 degrees and down, warm weather it starts just fine. it cycles thru like its going to but in doesn't, (does not even turn over) the security light on the dash flashes fast. the dealer that installed it has tried to move the batt voltage sensor to the tach, no joy. next they changed the security bypass, no joy. on my last visit they removed the old unit and installed a brand new control unit, no joy. anybody else have on that they had trouble with, thinking its something with security by the way the led on the dash flashes. 2004 ed bauer thanks dave
Reply to
Dave

Will it start with the key when it's that cold?

Reply to
Mike H

Does the remote start work if you have the key in the ignition? (in the off/locked position)

Reply to
aarcuda69062

yes,

Reply to
Dave

yes, i should have added that in my original post.

Reply to
Dave

The PATS bypass that was installed isn't working.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

the shop that installed the system and tried to repair it 6 times, now wants to change out the system with a crime stopper system. they have decided it can not be fixed, or at least their tech is out of ideas. have you ever heard of the crime stopper system ? are they a good starter ?

Reply to
Dave

Nope.

There is no such thing as a "good remote starter." Some are less problem than others, but all will compromise the reliability of the vehicle. IME, more often than not, the problems arise from sloppy installation, i.e., connections not soldered.

Many transponder type anti theft systems need only to have the transponder (the key head) in close proximity to the ignition lock cylinder. The companies that sell remote start systems don't tell you this so they can sell you an additional product (the by-pass module). If you take a properly encoded key and place it on top of the steering column, and the remote start works as it should, odds are, all that needs to be done is to zip-tie an encoded key inside the steering column in proximity to the antenna, under the plastic covers.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

If you zip tie a key to the column under the cover, dont forget to tell the dealer about it when you trade it in or sell it. Cuase if you have to get new keys coded, it wont work.. Everytime you try to code a new key it will keep reading the key that is tied to the column!!

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech