Removing the tailgate on a F450 with a F350 pickup bed

My husband forgot to lower the tailgate of our pickup when unhitching from our fifth wheel. Major ouch and major damage to the tailgate. How do we remove the tailgate-we're going to replace it with a louvered 'v' shaped tailgate to avoid that problem in the future. There are no instructions in our owner's manual on how to remove the tailgate.

Thanks for any assistance.

Linda

Reply to
vagabrauns

Linda, as I recall all F450's are custom (not Ford) beds. Which suggests your F350 gate is -NOT- going to fit.

If they are like the Ford gate, tilt it half way, pull up on the right side, then slide the left side off (oh ya, unhook the cables first)

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

All F-450 come from the Ford factory with NO bed or tailgate. So if it is a F-450, you need to determine if it is a custom bed/tailgate and if so made by whom, or if it is a stretched F-350 bed/tailgate. If it is a F-350, Ralph's instructions should work for you.

Reply to
My Names Nobody