Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Replace 2000 Ford V10 serpentine belt?
May 6, 2008, 4:19 pm
rate this thread
Re: Replace 2000 Ford V10 serpentine belt?
I am not able to point you to any specific site, but it's easy to replace
the belt -- crap being in the way notwithstanding.
There is an idler pulley/tensioner that is spring loaded. Use your 1/2"
breaker bar to pivot the tensioner out of the way, and remove the belt.
There is a square hole on the tensioner that will take the drive of the
breaker bar or ratchet handle. I like to use my breaker bar because the
longer handle improves the leverage.
Set the new belt so that the back (outside) of the belt rides on the smooth
pulleys and the inside of the belt rides on the grooved pulleys. My '97 F150
has a belt map on a sticker that is under the hood. When you have the belt
around all of the pulleys, use the breaker bar again to move the tensioner
so you can position the belt under it, then release the tensioner. The
spring will provide the proper tension, and no adjustment is needed.
This is an easy job that should be something that most people should be able
As for stuff that might be in the way, the fan shroud comes to mind. I can
take my belt off without too much trouble, but fishing it out around the fan
is a bit of a pain.
- » Does the tailgate on a 1966 ford bronco adjust up and down at bottom hinges
- — Newest thread in » Ford Trucks
- » Re: "Heat Shields" On A 2005 Accord Problem
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Honda Cars and Trucks
- » Re: Tesla Model S now the least-stolen car in the US
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Hyundai Cars and SUV Forum