Replacing multifunction switch on f-150

I need to replace the multifunction switch (the turn signal/wiper/washer/high beams wand) on my 1999 F-150. Does anyone know how involved of a repair this might be and if maybe I should let a real mechanic handle this?

Thanks Paul

Reply to
paul c

Depending on what parts you have to replace, it can be quite tedious. Having rebuilt two of my own Ford truck tilt columns, learning as I went, I discovered that the mechanic before me did a less then acceptable job. His lack of attention to detail was why I ended up opening it all back up again a little while later. That said, unless you are under no pressure to get it done and back on the road right away, I would take it to a reputable shop...

Reply to
351CJ