Ride Quality: Comments please from you who drive a lot of trucks

Hi,

I've been in the market for a F250 for a while now. I happen to like the look of the older (1996 back) ones.

I got to drive one the other day...and was surprised at how bad the ride quality was.

Question: From those of you who get to drive a lot of different trucks...is the ride quality significantly better with the newer trucks (1997 and after)

Does the ride quality differ much across the different brands (GM, Ford, Dodge...)

I know that it's a truck...but the ride quality of the 1993 F250 that I drove seemed way worse than a Dodge 2500 that I've also driven.

I want to tow a smaller boat.....but otherwise I will use the vehicle for non-work applications...and want it to be reasonably comfortable.

Comments will be gretly appreciated; thanks for reading. Chuck

I know this will get a lot of flames here, but I like the ride quality of the 1997 Chevrolet C3500 Crew without dual wheels, it's a diesel which makes it a little heavier, but it rides as good if not better than the C1500 I drive on a daily basis.

TM

Reply to
TM

A lot heavier, and the added wheel base is the main reason for the better ride

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Keep in mind how many of these used trucks have shot or near-shot ball joints.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

I can't help with pre-2005 models, but the front end suspension was completely redesigned in 2005. I have an '05 F-350 4x4 Crew Cab (diesel) and it rides decent, with a much shorter turning radius to boot.

It's a bit harsher than my son's '05 F-250 gasser, but I've driven it back and forth to Florida from MA several times and never got tired.

RCE

Reply to
RCE