Rough and no Power

My f350 turbo diesel starts fine but runs rough after 20 or 30 sconds. The check engine light comes on and there is a real lack of power. In another minute or so everything is fine. I have changed the fuel filter but there was no change.

Reply to
ollie01

Did you check for water in fuel? It might not be your problem but it can cause your symtoms and diesel is know to have water in fuel issues at times.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

What year/engine? If it's the 6.0L, your symptoms are classic for new turbo time. Been there. Done that.

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch

There was no water in the fuel. Forgot to mention that. It's a 1994,

7.3 litre. >
Reply to
ollie01

Might be a good time to take it somewhere with diagnostic equipment. It could be a cam position sensor, but why throw parts at it when you can get somebody with the right equipment to tell you exactly what is wrong.

Reply to
Chris Hill