Rough Shifting at higher speeds.

My truck has been driving fine (2000 F-150 2x4), with the exception of an ABS light. Today I got it up to about 60 mph and when I released the gas pedal it felt like it lurched or shifted out of overdrive roughly. Added gas and it shifted roughly again, etc.

This may be related to a computer problem. Is there something in the computer that controls how the shifting is done at higher speeds? Someone who had an out of date ABS code reader (only did RABS) said he reset the code for the ABS light, which did not help, but I was wondering if he might have messed something up.

The battery was also removed for 40 minutes yesterday.

Thanks, Clark

Reply to
Clark