seatbelts

My 1982 F100 still has original seat belts

How difficult is it to change the seat belts and where should I purchase new ones? JC Whitney??

The pickup has three sets of belts; driver, passenger, and middle. The middle belt does not have the shoulder belt, just fits around the waist.

Of course, this model did not have air bags.

1982 F100 136000 miles

Thanks

Reply to
stevie

thanks for the reply.

i found several sites that offer new belts. apparently, they are 'universal' belts, not custom for the car/truck.

hey stevie, I'm not the biggest car expert here but my dad's 1986 f-350 had the seat belt's replaced, now if I remember when I did this correctly it is usually going to be some type of nut holding on the middle equiptment and the same goes for the sides possibly a larger sized allen bolt (is that what you call it?) I got mine out of the junk yard the only thing with that is you should check that they work first ect. ect. or you probably could order replacements from J.C. Whitney or some other company like that. This is the best that I can do hope it helps, and if im wrong guys don't flame me correct me im just trying to help :)

Reply to
stevie

try

you can't look at there parts online but i have the catalog and you could build the entire truck out of their parts.

Reply to
jd