Severe Judder, Any Ideas

Travelling in an 1993 E150 Econoline, we were coming down a hill at about

30-40mph, brakes lightly applied then a judder thru out van as if all tyres were flat (which at the time i thought they were) Never happened before. Hav'nt taken it to a garage yet, Any ideas what caused this ?
Reply to
TJ Evans

Check your rotors and your calipers. Warped rotors will cause this and so will a cracked caliper. If both are ok on all wheels, the magnet in the antilock sensor could be dirty. This is pretty common on F150's... You might wanna clean them. I haven't done it so I don't know if you have to remove the rotor or not to get at the sensor. Check Ford F150 forum to see about the sensors.

Reply to
Dawn