Shelf-It?

Has anyone used this product in a '93 or similar body F-series pickup? I ask because it looks from pics on the web like some models the visors mount "normally" and some they mount backwards, I don't want to buy if the visors mount backwards for my particular app, but all the pics seem to be the same two generic pics.

I'm looking to add some more handy storage space in my truck, because it's got a bench front seat so basically there's the glovebox, and the top of the dash (useless as it comes out of the factory, but I cut some pieces out of a silicone baking sheet to make a nice little anti-skid mat for it, now I can throw my cell phone, money clip, etc. on the dash without having to worry about them flying out the window the first time I go around a corner.) Also might want to put a bracket for a CB radio up there in case I decide to take a long road trip (listening in on Channel 19 can be useful sometimes...)

Here's what I'm talking about:

(that's got to be about the worst online catalog I've ever seen, BTW)

thanks

Nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I don't understand your question. It looks like you remove your visors, mount the shelf to the visor mounts and then mount the visors.

Reply to
zimpzampzormp

I don't understand your problem with the product.

It appears to me that your existing visors are removed and the new product is put up using the now-empty holes. The picture demonstrates the visor that come with the shelf folded down so you get a better view of the shelf. You can fold the visor flat against the bottom of the shelf for everyday driving, put it down when you're driving into the sun, and move it all of the way around if you want it that way.

I think the shelf does exactly what you are looking to do. I have no clue as to whether it does it well or not, but if you want storage space, that's what you're gonna get. It looks pretty handy to me.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I've found exactly two pictures of this product on the web. One pic shows the visors mounted on the underside of the shelf up close to the windshield. Another pic, of a different vehicle, shows the visor pivots mounted at the other end of the shelf - that is, the edge closest to the seat, not to the windshield, so the visors would then fold down "backwards."

If someone could assure me that the particular "shelf-it" that I'd get if I ordered one for my '93 F-150 was like the former, and not the latter, I'd buy it. If it is the latter arrangement, I'd probably *not* buy it - I don't need the extra storage badly enough to destroy the utility of my visors, which I find that I *do* need on a regular basis.

I didn't see a "dealer locator" on the web site, so I'm not certain if there's anyone in my area that sells these where I could go handle the merchandise before buying. I did send an inquiry to their email address, but I haven't received a reply yet (not a complaint, I sent it about the same time that I posted the message.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Here's an ad with both of the pictures I mentioned. Notice how the visors mount in the second pic, that's what I don't want.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Why haven't you just dialed the 800 number and talked to them?? I bet they know how it work of your truck!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

"Please note that photos displayed are representative only, and may not exactly match the actual part designed for your vehicle. Many of our items are make, model and year specific, so please be sure to select your exact make, model and year when choosing your parts."

Reply to
zimpzampzormp

And this means call them. I also like the idea of the Contractors Floor Consoles

Reply to
zimpzampzormp

Thanks!! Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Have you considered that the same shelf can be installed two ways? Have you thought about the 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The second picture shows a vehicle where the visor wont fit on the front near the windshield. Because it wont clear the window and be up. The window angle is more down then the first picture. Cant grasp that concept or what.

Reply to
None4U