Shifting problems and O2 sensor

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer, 4WD, with about 65000 and I am having some troubles shifting from first to second, and second to third. The problem only occurs after a few minutes of driving. After the car has warmed up, it shifts hard from first to second and even harder from second to third. After about another 15 miles of driving, the 'Over Drive Off ' light starts blinking, and it starts shifting better, but slower. After my car is off for about an hour or so,it will shift normal again when I drive off (again, only for a few minutes.)

Also, does anyone know where I can find the oxygen sensor on a 2000 explorer? Is it the same as a 1997 explorer mentioned below?

Reply to
akasoul

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:28:56 -0800, akasoul rearranged some electrons to form:

Take it to a transmission shop, the blinking O/D light indicates a problem.

It is in the exhaust pipe. Look for something with wires coming out of it.

Reply to
David M