Shock question

My Ranger makes a squeaking noise on the front end when ever I go over a bump. I only notice this when I'm going slow, especially over speed bumps.

Does this mean that I need new shocks? Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance, Scott

Reply to
Scott Mangold

Hey, Scott.

My Ranger does the same thing. Did the first day I drove it home from the showroom floor, with 23 miles on the odo. I will be making a trip to the Fnord dealer tomorrow to check this. Will let you know what I find out.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

Check the spring too. The old Bronco II squeaked until the broken spring in the rear was replaced. The rear shocks weren't touched (AFAIK).

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

Spray some soapy water at the bushings on the top and bottom of the shocks and see if that helps. Jeff

Reply to
JSMMV

Plasyd,

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be very interested in hearing what your dealer has to say.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Mangold