should i buy this truck?

I have a chance to buy a nice loking 3/4 ton 1970 Ford PU w/a 360 and auto trans for just $1000. It seemed to run okay, sounded good, supposedly has 91,000 miles. However, its leaks fluids likes crazy. AT

fluid, engine oil. I am not a mechanic type. There's oil all over then engine from the valve cover gaskets to the complete undercarriage of the truck. Should I even take a chance on this truck? Thanks in advance

Reply to
randyeperkins

If you are not the mechanic type and are not looking to get your hands dirty and learn while getting that one back in shape, then, this is not the truck for you.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

You believe 'just $1000' is a bargain for a 35+yr old truck?? {lol} Anyway, this is a money pit and you not being knowledgable about mechanicals makes this: definitely not the truck for you....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

If you have to ask us, then no. It's nearly 40 years old. If you're the kind of person who would enjoy owning that, you'd know it before asking us.

Reply to
Joe

in a word,

"yes"