Snow Plow fell off my f150-7700 after dealer serviced it!

I'm not sure the best way to handle this - I bought my f150 2001 last week from a blue oval ford dealer.

The salesman said the plow is new - value $3500. no instructions, owners manual, leg to store the thing without tipping back, etc. of course he assured me I would get a full lesson on how to remove and attach it-never happened.

when I got home, I noticed the rt turn signal bulb in the plow light was smashed, but no yell glass fragments from the buld were found. I went back to the dealer because they made a key and forgot to program it, caused my check engine light to come on, and had to reset it. I asked them to check the signal bulb,I was told they only work on ford products.

of course when I replaced the bulb at home, it would not light.

I made an appt today and brought the truck in for a hydralic leak on the plow piston, the dead signal harness, the missing plow leg, and a vibration at 65 on the highway with the blade off, but the plow head and pump on. they said they would give me a ride, but they never mentioned the 1 hour wait for that ride - I had to get back to work an hour from there.

they called me today at work and said the truck was ready - no leg, previous owner lost it, fixed fuse and wire harness problem, no trouble found with vib.

my wife brought me to pick up the truck, before I go to my second job and when I drove around the corner, the plow fell off the pivot pins onto the street outside the dealer. I was able to angle the blade enough to get back to the parking lot and asked for my salesman - secretary said he was with a customer. I asked for the owner-they said he was busy with a customer, but would be out in a few minutes. so I reattached the plow and the owner was nowhere to be found, so I gave my cell phone number and went to work. He called over an hour later, but I was in a client meeting and could not take the call.

I figure they own me for the missing plow leg, instruction manual and readjust the hydralic hoses since the dealer moved them to a bad angle where they rub on the lift frame. I also plan on taking the truck to another ford dealer (closer to work) to have the alignment, and tire bal checked and rotated. 28k miles on the truck. they drove it 27 miles, so I wonder if they subbed the work out to a shop out of town today.

I am thinking of sending a letter to the owner and to the better business bureau. They have had this trucvk in 3x for service and can't get it right yet. I paid $23k, but feel the service dept is below average. I'd rather not let them experiment with my truck again. I do however trust the ford dealer near my office. do you agree? regards, John

Reply to
John Cadella