Starting problem

I have a 1996 F-150 2wd 5.0 automatic. I had the transmission rebuilt about 3 months ago, for the next two weeks it was taking upwards of two or three turns of the ignition to start it from cold, but when the engine was still warm it would start fine. One day after work i started the truck and was heading down the road in second gear probably like 25 mph when the truck just stopped in mid ride, the power was still working but i could not get it too start again, a cop pushed my truck off the side off the road where the truck started up again perfectly after one turn of the ignition. For about two months it ran great not having any problems starting until one day where it would not tun over, it just chugged, i tried and tried but it would not start, then it lost all power and died. I had someone jump me and it started but died when i gave it gas about 5 seconds later. About two weeks ago i decided to see if i could find the problem, i cleaned the battery clamps of the corrosion and give it a jump, but it would still not turn over with repeated attempts and this time it was sounding very weak like it was not getting enough gs or power to start, i seperated one spark plug wire from the fifth plug and the truck started, i replaced the spark plug and the truck ran well for the next two days, I tried starting it today and it just clicked and all the power died, i had someone try to jump me but it didnt work, therewas power but it as still not turning over and it was sounding weak. The truck has 180,000 miles on it and ive never had any problems with it, i bought it at 150000 miles but have not replaced the plugs, but im not sure i that is causing the problem.

i need this truck for work and would appreciate any help from anyone whose had this problem before, thanks yall.

Reply to
TXFIGHTINGAGGIE2010