Starting Problem

I have a 2001 Ford F-350 pickup with a V-10 gas engine and less than 31,000 miles on it. The truck started and ran fine when I used it a week ago. Today, the engine cranks, but it does not start. I checked all of the fuses and found none bad. The fuel re-set switch did not require re-setting. If I turn the key to on, I believe that I hear a noise for a second that I believe is the fuel pump. What else should I check to try and solve the starting problem?

Reply to
WLK

If it's freezing, check for a frozen gas line fuel filter. Your filter is located along the frame near the back of the cab on the driver side. It takes a special tool to remove and replace.

You do have gas in the tank, right?

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J