Steering damper for an E150?

I've got an E150 that occasionally shimmies badly under braking...

I am wondering if a stering damper might help. Anyone know of a manufacturer that would provide an add-on kit for steering dampers?

Thanks,

--Yan

Reply to
Captain Dondo

"Rancho" makes them and i put one on my 1989 fs bronco. many others also. look in wheel drive sites. old john

Hello, Captain! You wrote on Tue, 04 Apr 2006 05:34:57 -0700:

CD> I am wondering if a stering damper might help. Anyone know of a CD> manufacturer that would provide an add-on kit for steering dampers?

CD> Thanks,

CD> --Yan

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
ajeeperman

Unfortunately, no one seems to make the fittings for a 2000 E150.... It has coil springs and A-Frame suspension, so they tell me....

It doesn't look that difficult to add one; I've looked at the linkage and shouldn't be that hard to add one if you can get the correct adapters....

There would have to be a clamp that goes around the steering linkage and a plate that mounts to the frame.... Doesn't seem that difficult....

Oh well, I may just buy one and see if I can fab up the adapters...

--Yan

Reply to
Captain Dondo

Don't do it, fix the brakes instead. Warped rotors?

Reply to
clemslay