Step Bumper Box Trailer Hitch

Need some help here. I want to install a 2' box hitch on my '98 Ranger. Anybody done this already? Having a hard time getting exact info on hitch I need. Any help is appreciated. Thanks CP FYI: I won't be towing anything, I need this for my bike rack.

Reply to
CP

You are asking about a Class III receiver hitch...If you have a Fleet Farm nearby it shouldn't be to expensive, maybe $75 or so.

It's alot of hitch for a bike rack. Class III's are what you'd install if you wanted to pull a travel trailer.

Reply to
Advocate

Many RV type stores have a box designed to bolt under the flat lower surface of a step bumper. Northern Tool here in the Atlanta area usually has them. It is nothing more than a piece of 2" rectangular tubing welded to a flat plate that can be bolted. You may also find something like this at a location that rents trailers like U-Haul.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Or J. C. Whipme.