suicide door adjustment

The suicide doors on my 2000 Ranger were making all kinds of racket, squeaking, groaning and clunking. Borrowed some star bits and a breaker bar from my father-in-law, loosened the brackets (both top & bottom) that the doors latch to and smacked them inward with a mallet and tightened the screws back up. The brackets moved maybe a 16th of an inch, but it made all the difference in the world. No more racket! I like my truck again!

Reply to
David Bowen