Super duty diesel glow plugs problems

I have my 99 pickup in the shop with 6 burned out glow plugs. 5 weeks ago I replaced all 8 plus relays and wire looms. Apparently the glow plugs stay on full for 2 whole minutes which in turn causes them to burn out quickely. Another computer from a properly working truck was installed and the problem persisted. The books says that there is a cycling device in the circuit as well as a temperature sensing device and a barometeric pressure sensor.where are these located?? My book indicates they are there but does not note where they are located. Please help

Reply to
Peter Sluys

Go to

and do a search it's a very good site that has helped me alot. Jeff

Reply to
JSMMV

They do stay on 2 minutes (the wait to start light is what's controlled by the sensors - NOT the glow plugs themselves) but that doesn't have a thing to do with causing them to burn out quickly. I have 150,000 miles on my Y2K PSD and the plugs and relay are all original. Did you use the Motorcraft (Beru) glow plugs? Anything else is junk and a waste of time.

sensor.where

Reply to
bomar