SUV commercials

I lived in the south for a time recently and noticed that tv commercials advertising SUV's typically were set in Monument Valley, AZ and other western locales. I recently moved back out west and recalled that SUVcommercials are set in outdoor scenes right here in this local area. I am personally too western to drive an SUV but I have never understood why they are so much more popular in east Texas and other southeastern parts of the country than they are in the west. Why would a fellow in Knoxville, TN buy a Tahoe because of a commercial that was set 2,000 miles away from him? Is he going to drive it through the weeds? There is no desert in Tennessee. Where would you even go offroad in TN other than in mud and weeds? The Honda Civic is the most popular vehicle in the west. If you Tennessee guys have an urge to be more western but dont want to leave your kinfolk and move out west, then why dont you buy a Honda Civic? At least then you would be more like a western guy than you are with that big gas guzzling SUV. PS, you might also lose the goofy country music, cowboy boots, and clown shirts. Western guys dont dress like that. We like to rock!

Reply to
Colorado Guy