Tacho

Any information will be appreciated.

I have a 1980 (early) F100 351C, however I think it originally had a six cylinder, when I bought it the tacho was not working and was marked on the back for 6 cyl, and have since removed it, re-calibrated it for 8 cyl and bench tested it successfully, however it still did not work when returned to the dash.

I have spoken to a VDO sales guy who informed me that because I have an electronic ignition system (after market) the original tach will not work and needs modification.

If you have experienced this problem and/or completed the modifications, your information will be very much appreciated. I really don't want install an after market gauge.

regards,

Stevo

Reply to
Steve White

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:48:34 +1000, Steve White rearranged some electrons to form:

Check with the vendor of your ignition for an appropriate tach adaptor.

Reply to
David M