tail light 1995 F150

I am trying to change the directional bulb in my tail light. There are only 2 screws on the outside which do not seem to do much but loosen the lens. When I drop the tailgate there are 2 more screws on the inside but they are frozen tight. ( even liquid wrench doesn't seem to help) I am not even sure if I need to remove them to get the lens off? I do not want to break the lens trying to do this. I read a message from last year for removing the lens on a 97 F150. They said there are some clips holding it in when you remove the 2 outer screws so you have to pry the lens off. I am not sure if the 95's are the same? I have the old box nose and they changed the body style right after that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
rose

I have a '93 - same style as your '95 which is not the same as the '97. You do need to remove those two screws on the inside of the tailgate. After removing the two screws on the outside and and the two on the inside the entire plastic housing "falls" off. There are no additional clips or anything other than those four screws.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson