Tailgate Noise

Hello,

I own a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. My problem and question is about noise coming from my rear tailgate. It seems to be emanating from the vinyl or plastic cover over the wiper motor which is my first idea. Or, the second idea would be from the glass window. It makes noise when I hit a bump in the road, which logic would dictate. Has anyone had this problem or fixed it. I don't know if I need a new vinyl or plastic cover or if there is a hinge adjustment that is needed. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

Reply to
Viper

Just a thought -- how about having someone else drive while you sit all the way in the back in the cargo area close to the tailgate, hit a few bumps and see if you can isolate the noise? Won't be very comfortable but may help you find it.

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Thanks for your help.

Reply to