Temp Sending Unit-92 Ford Ranger

My temp gauge is showing cold all the time so I assume it's not getting any reading (since it's HOT here in Kansas!). Does anyone know where the temp sending unit is on this model? I have a unit cut into the block heater hose with an electrical connection but would think the sensor would be on the motor or radiator, not a heater hose. This may be the valve that opens and closes for heat, not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Reply to
rcrocketman

Its on the engine somewhere. Its hard to say where that somewhere might be, with out knowing what engine it is, so its on the engine somewhere.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
rcrocketman

That better. its on the drivers side, intake manifold below where the air intake hose hooks up

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to