THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG

GET ACETONE FROM YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE , LOWES ETC. PUT 2.5 OZ. PER 10 GALLONS OF FUEL IN TANK. WHEN I HEARD OF THIS I DIDNT BELIEVE BUT THOUGHT WHY NOT TRY IT. NOW I GET 99 MORE MILES OUT OF A TANK. 30% INCREASE I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. THE ENGINE RUNS SMOOTHER AND THE POWER IS AMAZING. OLD TIMERS WERE DOING THIS FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS CHECK THE INTERNET THERES INFO ON IT. CLEANS OUT YOUR ENGINE WITH NO HARM AT ALL. I BOUGHT A GALLON FOR $17 WHICH LASTS 6 MONTHS FOR ME 2 CARS AND A JEEP.

Reply to
dwmills

Bullshit. I bet you have stock in a major acetone manufacturer, though.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

1st off DW, STOP FUGGIN' SHOUTING!!!

There may be *SOME* validity to this..

There was a thread over on alt.motorcycles.sportbikes a couple weeks back that referred to some web page that had research data from a study done to determine if acetone did incerase fuel mileage..

I read it and it sounds interesting, but I'm not going to try it on my vehicle... Maybe in the wife's car.. hehehe

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Works even better if you have the following:

1) Fuel Magnet to line up the protons is good for 40%

2) K&N Filter Good for 10%

3) Splitfire type plugs. Good for 35%

Caution: I did all of the above and my fuel tank overflowed.

Reply to
Peter Arnold

So at 115%, did Exxon start cutting you refund checks too?? (or did the EPA fines for pissing gasoline all over the place cause you to go broke? hehehe)

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Great article. I think i'll try it in the v10. I'll let you know how it goes.

Chris

Hey kev hows the head holding up and I hope to be out at glamis this turkey day you gonna be out there.

Reply to
Chris

I don't know anything about the Fuel Magnet, but I do know that K&Ns and Splitfires are a waste of money.

Reply to
ToughOldFord

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com
<SNIP>

Who is getting rich quick, and what is the scheme? People selling acetone? It certainly isn't the oil companies selling acetone to add to their gasoline.

Reply to
I. Care

Head's holdin' up just fine. Had some trepidation about really hammering the throttle over the 1st couple weeks, but am pretty much back to normal driving.

Won't be at Glamis this Turkey day... (or any other) Too many people out on the holiday weekends. We'll probably go the weekend before to ride and the weekend after to help pick up garbage left by the idiots who don't give a damn about keeping the dunes open.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Have you not read the posts? The scheme is putting acetone in your gasoline. A get rich scheme, has a potential of working, it does not always work, so in this case nobody is getting rich, because it is a pile of manure as I stated before.

Why would the oil companies want to SELL acetone to anyone? Won't that cut into their profit margin? selling something they don't manufacture. Why are there all kinds of so called "mileage boosters" for sale in magazines, auto stores etc.? Do you think "mileage boosters" are being sold and ads placed to help the consumer save gas, or is someone making money? Again, Do you really believe that there is some kind of government or automobile manufacture conspiracy to sell more gasoline by holding back the use of acetone? If this really worked as a benefit (cleaner air or better mileage), it would be in the gas already.

I. Care wrote:

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

  1. A systematic plan of action: =3FDid you ever carry out your scheme of writing a series of sonnets embodying all the great epochs of art?=3F (Edith Wharton). 2. A secret or devious plan; a plot. See synonyms at plan. 3. An orderly combination of related parts: an irrigation scheme with dams, reservoirs, and channels. 4. A chart, diagram, or outline of a system or object.

Exactly. That's what I said, so who's getting rich if, as you said, it's a get rich scheme. Doesn't stand up to your get rich statement does it?

The people selling mileage boosters make money right? That's the get rich part-somebody is getting rich. The scheme is the systematic plan of selling the products.

See above comment.

I didn't say acetone was a good thing or that it even works. I simply want to know who you think is running a "get rich quick scheme"? Who is marketing (selling) acetone for use in fuel to get rich? It was your statement that it's a "get rich quick scheme" now back it up.

I. Care Address fake until the SPAM goes away ;-}

Reply to
I. Care

Yeah we'll be there the week before also.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Are you trying to act like a wannabe Lawyer with your pulling apart of words from phrases?

You are not mak>> >Who is getting rich quick, and what is the scheme?

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

Only to point out you don't understand your own words and phrases.

No contradictions, and apparently you are intimidated by real definitions.

Show me where I am confused by my own answers. You can't read/understand and you have demonstrated you can't make a logical explanation with evidence. Just a lot of bluster when you are caught making statements you can't back up.

Then who is getting rich? Your statement it's a get rich scheme, not mine. You can't point to anyone selling acetone for the purpose of adding to fuel, so there is no get rich quick scheme. You contradict yourself by claiming a get rich scheme then stating it "does not always work, so then no one would make money".

Only by you with no logical proof.

Yes. If you can't point fingers, name names, show evidence you have no credibility, in other words an invalid claim. You haven't shown anyone has a scheme or is getting rich or trying to get rich by selling acetone for fuel. Are the web site posters that advocate trying acetone selling anything? NO, they say try it yourself and see, go to your local hardware store here's what I did, here's how I did it, here's my results and the results of others.

I would say it would be the

So it's a conspiracy by acetone and parts mfg's. and sellers? Show where an acetone mfg. is promoting acetone for fuel additive. Show where the parts mfg. is advocating using acetone in fuel so they can sell more sensors. It's your claim you bear the burden of proof. You know for a fact sensors are damaged? Show a scientifically controlled test from a reputable source.

<SNIP>

You still haven't answered the questions. Just pulled out some more paranoid conspiracy B.S. questions and guesses, no answers and no proof and no evidence. Can't back up any statement you made about a get rich scheme. Can't show any advertisement asking you to buy acetone from them to put in your fuel.

All you have is someone doing some expirements and posting their results and asking if you are interested try your own experiment, and you don't think it's worth your personal effort to try it. That's your right.

At least some others in the group are willing to try it for themselves before they become naysayer's and all they are saying is that it did/didn't work for them during their informal testing. Are those informal tests scientifically valid? I doubt it; but, they did a test that personally satisfies them.

That being said, do I believe or have any real scientifically controlled tests or evidence that acetone works or doesn't? No.

Have I even tried acetone? No.

Do I advocate using acetone in your fuel? No.

Do I make money or get a bigger check if someone buys acetone or parts? No.

So why do I bother posting here about it? Because it irritates me when someone makes unequivocal claims, it's a "get rich quick scheme", and offers no proof, no evidence, no personal tests - nothing proving anyone is trying to get rich using it or that it's even someone's scheme. Just guesses.

Now I've wasted enough time trying to educate you on how to back up your claim. Conversation over, dead subject let's move on to more important things :-). How about them White Sox?

Reply to
I. Care

Where about? We usually hit up pad 3 or Pad 5 off Gecko road and will get out there Friday noon-ish... My lifted white F350 CC 4wd and my buddies black, non-lifted F350.. 32' Weekend Warrior toy hauler (Like you won't see a bazillion of each out there. hehhe)

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Reply to
user

Now that's funny :-)

I am not even going to answer your manure, because I already have and you don't even know it. You are now confusing yourself and the issue, please consult some help.

Here is some proof that "fuel saver" are a waste of money.

Case Closed

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

I didn't say anything about "Fuel Saver". Learn how to read. Nowhere did I say that "Fuel Saver" wasn't a get rich quick scheme. You claimed using *acetone* was a get rich quick scheme and that was the only item I addressed.

Need a reminder on what *you* posted?

Subject: Re: THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG From: Wrench007 via CarKB.com <u14318@uwe>

Newsgroups: alt.trucks.ford

Have you not read the posts? The scheme is putting acetone in your gasoline. A get rich scheme, has a potential of working, it does not always work, so in this case nobody is getting rich, because it is a pile of manure as I stated before.

I showed you had no evidence, no proof that anyone was *selling* ACETONE to put in your fuel and no one was even trying to get rich quick putting acetone in fuel.

So there is no get rich quick scheme for putting acetone in fuel since nobody is selling the stuff specifically for adding to your fuel. There is only a group of people experimenting with acetone in their fuel and posting the results they got.

Trying to save face you threw out a truck load of manure claiming it is most likely the acetone mfg. and parts mfg's. Again with no evidence or proof that they are doing that.

Need another reminder?

Newsgroups: alt.trucks.ford

<SNIP>

Does it matter who is running a get rich scheme? I would say it would be the manufactures of acetone and the people selling it, all the way down to the parts mfg. who will be selling more to replace the sensors that the acetone damaged.

So you were confusing the issue, or changing it trying to "save face". Just read through your own posts where *you* argued ACETONE.

You are right, case closed, slam dunk proved you can't even read your own posts and didn't even know what you were arguing about.

Reply to
I. Care
***OMG*** Read what the original post was about in the first place.

THIS WORKS FOR BETTER MPG...Putting Acetone in your Fuel? Would this be for fun or a FUEL SAVER? You asked for proof and I gave you some although I do not have to provide any proof of anything for you. Either you believe it or you don't.

.......Ok, I should have used the word COULD be

There is no "slam dunk" here, only in your mind....anyway I thought we were playing baseball? How about them Yankees?

Other than that your post are too l>>Show a scientifically controlled test from a reputable source.

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com