Tire choices for 2004 F-150 XLT: 235 vs. 255

I'm looking at a 2004 F-150 4x4 reg. cab 8 foot bed, 5.4 L engine with the

3.55 LSD. The standard tires are P235/75Rx17 BSW All terrain. Optionally, one can choose the P255/70Rx17 OWL All terrain for $325 extra. The optional tires are wider and have lettering. My question - are there other differences such as handling, ride, braking power needed, gas mileage. I plan mainly on highway driving, including occasional snow.

Thanks

Reply to
Jan Krouwer

Jan, A 235/75 and 255/70 are about the same diameter, ride, handling etc should be almost exactly the same. Any differences would require laboratory testing to notice. Get the ones you like the appearance of.

Reply to
Michael O