Tires and Wheels

I am looking for a web site to help me choose the right size wheel and tire for my '60 Ford F100.

I am looking to put on the thinnest whitewall tires I can. And I would like the rear tires to be larger diameter than the front to get a slight lowered look.

Is there some place that can help me choose the right sized wheels and tires?

Ivan

Reply to
ivanogburn

At risk of sounding like I work there, you might visit your local Discount Tire/America's Tire Store and take your truck with you when you go. You can also consult your local custom shops and maybe even a speed shop.

You have a couple of issues to go over. You want tires and wheels that fit the truck and look good together, but you also want different size rims for the front and back that are also the same style. You also have backspacing issues that you need to know and understand. I suppose you could find that by measuring the stock (or whatever) rims you have now, but the tire guys at the store will know how to do this, and then show you pictures of rims that meet the spec.

When I was a kid, my dad had a '65 Ford unibody truck that my dad fitted with different size tires front and rear. It looked cool and worked well, but I don't recall the sizes we had. I don't know that the sizes would be useful today because they were something like F78 on the front and L78 on the rear, and I don't know how to convert that to the way they size tires today.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland