Unlock all doors in 2003 expedition

Hello all. I had a 2001 expedition and when I would open the drivers door ALL the doors would unlock. How do I enable this because on my

2003 it doesnt work.

Please help, the kids are going nuts

Thanks

Reply to
smgorham

Try clicking the unlock button twice instead of once. The first click should open the driver's door, the second should open the rest.

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch

I am talking about when I turn the truck off and am inside. My old truck would unlock all doors when I opened mine from the inside. This doesnt have to do with the key fob

Reply to
smgorham

This is just a guess, because I don't know how they work but ....

Open the rear doors and look for a child safety lock located somewhere on the inner door panel. See if it is on. If so, turn it off and try everything again.

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch

Checked that as well. Does anyones truck do what I am looking for? Unlock the doors when you open the drivers door from the inside?

Reply to
smgorham

That may sound convenient but, it may open you up to a security problem if someone devious is nearby when your wife or kid opens the driver door. Suppose you get out for some reason like pumping gas and someone hitches a ride because your excess doors are unlocked. It happens here around the city from time to time. The doors should remain locked unless they are needed for passengers. I can think of no reason you would always want all the doors to unlock when the driver door opens. It only takes a second to flick the switch from either front door if you need them unlocked and each will open with it's handle unless you have the child safety locks set. Think about it.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

On my '02 F350, it takes two mashes on the unlock button to open 'em all... 1st opens the driver's door, 2nd opens the rest..

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You probably have the "auto lock" function enabled. (locking all doors when speed over 3 MPH) You can turn it off , see owners manual Or get used to hit the "unlock" button when you exit the car ( I know, PITA, my '05 explorer does the same thing)

As far as I know not 1 Ford model will unlock doors if you open drivers door unless you had a aftermarket or add-on Ford alarm installed. They unlock all doors if it sees an "door open" signal

Reply to
johanb

But the autolock feature will just not lock the doors right, not unlock them?

Reply to
smgorham

"just not lock" ?????????

Its needs to see brake pedal, gear and speed over 3mls an hour and then it will lock all doors, but NOT unlock them when coming to a stop. Would be nice if you put it in park it would unlock them, but no

Like I said, you need to hit the unlock button on door or remote

Reply to
johanb