Unlocking Rear Doors

06 - F350 (four door) - place in drive after 5mph all doors lock this is great. When I stop, put in park - only the front doors unlock, back doors must be opened manually?

I have read the manual, no help - what is the secret, it must be a simple command withing the CPU of the truck?

Dave

Reply to
rineharthd

On a new Chevrolet, that is controlled by the input thru the clock radio when you are setting up the basic commands (I forget what they call all that junk). Hope this helps.

Reply to
ihcnut via CarKB.com

"That's not a malfunction! It's a feature!"

Your describing the Auto-Lock on the truck. The rear doors will not unlock automatically when you put it in Park, what happens is (if it's similar to my '02 SD and '05 Excursion) when you pull the door handle on the front driver or pass door, it automatically mechanically unlocks; every Ford I've owned does that. But the rear doors don't unlock automatically when you put it in Park. Many passenger cars do this but I have yet to see a Ford truck do it.

I disabled my Auto Lock so it's not an issue with me.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

this makes more sense. you don't necessarily want your kids jumping out the instant you stop.

Reply to
Clamstrippe Fecadunker

This is why they have the kid lock, if your children are young so they can not open the door.

Issue I have is with adults in the back, they can not even open their own door. The lock is hard to grab because it is down so low, no auto-door (lock/unlock) in the back seats, so the dependency is on the driver. I will do more investigation, but it appears I will need to deal with it.

Reply to
rineharthd

In my case I just wait for one of them to yell "Open the damn door!" and then I do. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Just get in the habit of hitting the unlock button on your door... I've been doing that with my '02 since I got it. 2nd nature now...

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Reply to
Greg Surratt

The kids usually sad "DAAAAAAAD! OPEN THE DOOR, I GOTTA PEE!"

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo