Videos - F-650 7000 HP Jet Truck

My son's '06 F-650 and Cummins diesel '98 Ranger.

1D10T

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:21:03 -0500, 1D10T rearranged some electrons to say:

I don't get it. All it does is make noise and smoke. Is the turbine actually connected to anything?

Reply to
david

Oh yeah. There aren't any videos ready yet for publication because of promotional restrictions. Notice that the available demos were in parking lots, etc. I don't think Hooters wants a truck going through the parking lot at 300 mph. :-)

Reply to
1D10T

BTW - the jet engine wasn't running anywhere near max rpm's. Only enough for flame, smoke and noise effects.

Reply to
1D10T

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 08:10:53 -0500, 1D10T rearranged some electrons to say:

Where are the drag strip videos? Put your money where your mouth is.

Reply to
david

Read the above. See the part about "promotional restrictions"? The promoters and show venue operators decide when/where to publish videos, according to their contract with my son. The promoters own the rights to all show videos. Put your brain in gear before you reply to something you didn't read correctly.

re·stric·tion [ ri stríksh?n ] (plural re·stric·tions)

noun

Definition:

  1. something that limits: something that limits or controls something else
  2. act or state of restricting: a restricting of something, or the condition of being restricted
Reply to
1D10T

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 12:13:11 -0500, 1D10T rearranged some electrons to say:

blowing smoke (v.) The act of bragging about something without being able to back it up.

Reply to
david

Read the above. See the part about "promotional restrictions"?

This is the last monitor ink I waste on you. I should have known after your first response you were just a kid. Plonk

Reply to
1D10T

How long does it take to smoke a ham in that thing?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

LOL It wouldn't take long. I walked behing the truck about 10 minutes after shutdown and it was still radiating heat. I think my son said about 1700 degrees. And it is LOUD. People two miles away through the woods from where he demonstrated it near my place called 911. They thought a plane had crashed.

Reply to
1D10T

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 16:21:25 -0500, 1D10T rearranged some electrons to say:

Yes, go take your ball and go home.

Reply to
david

In blatant disregard to local noise ordinances no doubt.

SIGH.

Reply to
MAMM (maybe a mechanical moro

Ever think of running biodiesel through it? Adds a little extra crowd appeal as if a jet car doesn't have enough. A jet car here in Saskatchewan sponsered by a biodiesel plant is running one on 100% bio. Exhaust smells entirely different. As fast as jets running their regular fuel.

Reply to
Mach1

There are no noise or disturbance ordinances out in the county. This is a big rural county with a population of less than 30,000. TTBOMK the nearest residence was a couple miles to the east. We were surprised, and the next morning apologized to people and authorities (who were actually amused , and asked when we could do it for them).

Reply to
1D10T

The truck has a 200 gallon fuel capacity and two of the 50 gallon tanks are dedicated to the jet engine. The actual spin-up and running took only four minutes and burned over 60 gallons.

Reply to
1D10T

The front wheels on it look positively dangerous.

Reply to
Scott

He manufactures them in his machine shop in Ft. Lauderdale, he calls them spikes. I call 'em gladiator wheels. Here's a link to his site:

around his site, especially the F-650 and Ranger diesel videos. And more pics on my flickr page:

1D10T