Vin location on Ford Ranger

I bought a 2005 Ford ranger truck which needs inspected by the state police for title. The state police need 3 vin location to verify against the title. They can only find 2. 1. Inside the dash of the front windshield 2. Driver side door post

Does any one know of any other locations where the vin number is located on a ford ranger truck?

Reply to
Reese

Notexactly, but check on one of the bolts on your differential.

MM^^<--sometimes

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Who are you dealing with the Keystone Cops? How do they expect you to know where it is if they dont?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Seriously.

What do they need all 3 VIN numbers for? To make sure it's not from a chop shop?

-phaeton

Reply to
phaeton

What I wonder is, don't you have the previous owner's title? Why would they need verification for a new title? What state are you in?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo