Was wondering clutch jumps

Hi: was wondering why , F-350 dually,, with a load the clutch seems to be jumpy when I let it out,, no load not as bad, I know replacing the clutch and pres plate would be the obvious but I have a chev 4*4 that did do it for awhile but it came out of it,,, any suggestions would be great , or info,,, thanks in advance folks,,,, Kirk.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
the t's

Me thinks you are describing the symptom of broken motor mounts. If I am right, the trouble ought to be worse in Reverse.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

My old F250 did this when a couple of springs in the clutch plate broke. J

Reply to
Jasper

Thanks and it is worse in reverse,, I will check both,, thanks alot...

Reply to
the t's

Cha-ching ...

Where's my prize money?

PS When you replace the motor mounts, there are two, you should also replace the transmission mount. The job is not technically demanding, but it can be somewhat of a bitch. I use a floor jack to raise and lower the motor, and a bottle jack to get it back into position. When you remove the bolts and raise the motor, it will want to slide to the back of your truck, you need to bring it back to the front in order to get the holes to align again. I used my bottle jack and a block of wood between the oil pan and the nearest cross member.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks Jeff for the great info,,, cheque is in the mail..........

Reply to
the t's

Oh Jeez, you spell check with a "que", that means the mail will take forever ... Damn!

You're welcome.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland