What does the "HD" designation mean?

I am looking to purchased a used truck, and have noticed in the classifieds, that some are listed with "HD" in the description.

In considering F250/350s aren't all of them heavy duty trucks, or does this mean something else? I have noticed from pictures, that say in the F250 models, some seem to sit up a bit higher than others, and not from any aftermarket lift kits. Does this have something to do with the HD designation?

I want either a F250 or F350, and would like to know if I should be looking for an HD specifically.

Reply to
DS

HD means Heavy Duty. They used to make an F250 and an F250HD. The heavy duty has higher load limit than the non. The F250HD towing rating is just a little under the 1 ton (F350) because at one time a one ton rated truck was classified as a commercial vehicle and license and registration was more expensive in some states. The F250 is the same style as the F150 and the F250HD is the same body style as the F350. This is the was is used to be, I don't know if they make a F250 any more.

classifieds,

Reply to
dewatkins

Reply to