What fuse governs fog lights - 04 Ranger (Edge)

My friend has an 04 Ranger (second hand) equipt with fog lights. The fog lights no longer work. Can someone tell me which fuse (according to manual) that would be ? There is no mention of fog lights in the manual.

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Paul J. Dudley

According to this manual, the 3.0L and 4.0L have fuse 31 in the PDB under the hood for the fog lamps, and 48B is the fog lamp relay (pages 145 and 146):

SC Tom

If there is no mention of fog lights, then they were not offered. This means that a previous owner installed them, and you should be able to trace the wires from the lamps back to the power source. There should be a fuse in the line that you are following.

On my F150, I pull the light switch out to turn the fog lights on. The light switch turns to power the main lights, and pulls to power the fogs. The main lights must be on in order to switch the fogs on. Fogs are designed to switch off when the high beams are activated. You do not want high beams in foggy conditions, so there is no reason to have the fog lights on and the high beams on at the same time.

Since the Ranger is technically a Mazda and not a Ford, then the light switch might be different than what I have on my F150. But, it never hurts to pull the light switch to turn the fogs on if the light switch is one that you rotate to power the main lights.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It took less than a minute to find this manual online. The operation of the fog lamps is discussed, and the fues/relay location chart shows the relay for the fogs to be Location 48B. Fogs are only used on the 3.0L and 4.0L versions of the Ranger. They are not installed on the smaller motors.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Took you longer to find it than it did me

Reply to
SC Tom

hood for the fog lamps, and 48B is the

Use this link:

and enter the data for the 3 fields, then open the 2004 Ranger Owner Guide 3rd Printing. The other link times out for me after leaving the site.

Reply to
SC Tom