what kind of ATF?

It looks like I will be buying the '93 F-150 I posted about earlier... I can't find a better deal. I won't have the truck in my posession for a month or so (current owner is waiting for new company vehicle to come in) but I need to place an order for some Porsche stuff. I would like to know what kind of ATF this vehicle uses so I can get the appropriate Redline product (if one of them is actually appropriate.)

thanks,

nate

(big believer in synthetic lubes)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Tom J

Thanks! Looks like the Redline D4 ATF should work OK, then? (it appears to be rated as Mercon V)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Whatever turns you on. D$ is a multi blend that tries to cover every person's application that wants to send them a dollar. I'd rather have what is specified by Ford for less cost myself.

Tom J who's trannie has over 106,000 trouble free miles towing a 12,000 # trailer all over North America using Mercon V

Reply to
Tom J

Factory fill was Dexron/Mercon. I also use 2 bottles of Lube Gard red in my E4OD. I also us Dexron with 1 bottle of LGR in my CV. My wife's Sable specs Mercon V. Switched it to Dexron with the LubeGard additive for compatibility about

180k miles ago with no problems to date. This mileage greatly exceeds the expected life of those transmissions and it is still strong and smooth. My wife uses the throttle like a light switch - "full on or off" - and has reputation as hard on cars. I service all my auto trans units every 30k miles. Only problems I ever had with late models was converters using factory spec fluids before I started using the LubeGard products. I do not care for additive but, the Lube Gard products are the only ones I use and have found effective as advertised. That is also the experience of most of the shops around here that use it in every trans they rebuild. I understand it greatly reduces both failure and performance complaint problems for them. I don't have scientific proof that it works but, I am not going to change something that seems to be working for me.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut