What's the difference?

Hi. I've got a dumb question for the group. I own a '95 Ext cab F-250 PSD

4x4 with the XLT pkg. My brother just bought a '97 Ext cab F-250 PSD 4x4 "Heavy Duty"...

What makes the distinction between rgular F-250, and F-250 Heavy Duty? Is it spring rates, shocks, bigger axels, a combination, what? They appear identical parked side by side as far as ride height, ground clearance, springs and shocks "look" the same... Can anyone tell me what makes his a Heavy Duty, besides the fact that it says so in the side of the truck? Any info is appreciated, TIA.

Reply to
websurfer

tom

Reply to
Robert Francis

What gave the one an extra 2200 pounds of weight? Just curious, SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Never mind, I was thinking of curb weight. Duh! SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Your brother has a better truck than you , admit it , he always has better stuff than you , always has , always will . Get over it , live with it . He is better than you .

Noddy

Disclaimer ; This is meant as a Joke .

Reply to
noddy

Reply to
Dave Lee

Several things can make a difference in the GVW rating. Things like brakes, axle bearings, number of spring leaves, size of the U joints, etc. A lot of thngs have to be taken into consideration. Park them side by side and begin by counting the number of leaves in the rear springs.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

light duty has dana 70 axle...you can remove drums with out pulling axles....h.d. has dana 60 axles...also light duty has 5/16 springs..h.d. has

Reply to
Bert & Sid