Whats the difference between a tritan engine and a regular 4.6?

Whats the difference between a tritan engine and a regular 4.6?

thank ya.

Reply to
Tulgent

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojerks (Tulgent) started a controversy when he said in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m24.aol.com:

Well...the "Triton" V-8 (4.6 & 5.4) was developed for the F-150 around

1997 when Ford revamped the truck. The Triton is modular and has a SOHC. So, I suppose the difference is that if it's in a Ford truck ... it's a Triton. But, that's assuming that the 4.6 in a sedan has the same components, I don't know.
Reply to
Robotron Tom