Where's that dern fuel filter?

I'm trying to install a new inline fuel filter on my 1986 Ford F150, but I can't locate where the old filter is located. Looking for it, I've scooted around on the ground under the truck so many times that I think I'm getting calluses on my shoulder blades. Still can't find the dern thing. Haynes manual says it ought to be bolted to one of the frame spars. But I've looked and looked---both sides---and it's just not there!

Anybody, where would it be? My Ford is fuel injected, if that's any help. Has a double fuel tank. The replacement fuel filter I bought from an auto parts store is about size and shape of a plump beer can, with a hose nozzle on each end.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

It should be under the driviers side door, towards the front, behind a heat shield. Just follow the fuel lines from the tanks. Mine is an 89 f150 dual tank, and that's where I found it. Peace...

Reply to
Eric

By the way, it's not on a spur on mine, it's actually in the c-channel of the frame. Peace...

Reply to
Eric

Tonight I checked on my '93. It's on the driver-side frame rail. It is on the inside side of the rail at the front of the front gas tank.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson