Where to buy a Rebuilt 300ci Inline 6 ??

Where's a good place to buy a Rebuilt 300 Inline 6 for Under $1000 ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Dunno. Probably would depend on your location unless you don't mind shipping an engine. Myself, I'd prefer to buy local if possible. No shipping, and they are close if it craps out. I bought mine here:

'm in Houston. I was checking, and they have not three, but four types of 300's. The price is not much different, but it seems the core is worth more on the newer blocks. I was on a budget when I bought this one, as it blew when I wasn't expecting it, and wasn't really flush with cash. This place had about the lowest price in town that I could find. I don't know if it's the best rebuild in the world, but so far, mine is running fine. I still only have about 3300-3400 miles on it, but it's been a year and a half since I put it in. It's driven everyday. I just don't go very far. Anyway, they can fix you up for about $790+tax with the engine totally complete, with the heads on. About $690 for a long block "kit" that you assemble. I bought the assembled engine ready to go. That way they can test the compression, etc before it leaves the shop. I'd hate to see the price of shipping something like that... ain't exactly light. MK

Reply to
Mark Keith