which bed liner?

A local shop has recommended the Penda liner to me. Is that a good one, what's the consensus on bed liners?

Reply to
JS9

You will get 10 million different responses to this but I would say the consensus is if it's a spray in get it. I have a Rhino and it is good others will say Penda and others will say line-x all 3 do the job very well if done properly when you go to the dealer check out the thickness of some of the jobs he is currently doing and look for a 1/4 inch on the bottom and just a little thinner than that on the sides.

Jerry P

Reply to
Jerry P

Just sold a '84 F150 with a "thick plastic slide-in" bedliner.

Pretty cool to throw stuff into it, if you know what I mean. :)

But everytime you'd take a corner faster than an old lady the stuff would slide across the bed and slam into the side. :( Really slick stuff.

Do the spray-in type do that too? Somehow I picture them being "stickier".

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

I have a Line X spray in, in my 98 F150 has a gritty feel to it. Don't have the sliding problem. Also got mine color matched to the truck.

I will never go back to a drop in liner.

Tim

Reply to
Tim G

Apparently, the Penda drop-in has a non-slip surface(?). My concern about spray-on liners is that they really don't protect against dents and scrapes if you're hauling heavy stuff. A load of broken concrete would do damage.

Reply to
JS9

Hum...for my $0.02...when I get another truck, I am going to go with a spray-in liner. In that great debate between drop-in and spray liner, I come down on the spray because of the rust issue. Unless one is very careful, water will accumulate under the drop-in, and rust is a problem around here (not as bad as SOME places, but, bad enough). As for dents and such...*shrug* I have yet to see a truck that is really being used for "truck" things that does not pick up a few of them, no matter what the liner is. That is kind of the territory for a truck, after all. Now...having said that, I expect that even a drop-in liner is not going to take a load of broken concrete all that well, and, likely is not going to go a long way to protect from dents, etc. It would probably depend a lot on how the concrete is put in there. If it is tossed on, one 10-15 lb chunk at a time, most any liner treatment will work ok. If it is one bed-load from a high loader, dumped in from 4' up off the deck, I suspect that no liner will do that well to protect the metal. YMMV. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

A load of broken concrete never punctured my Rhino niether did a load of broken bricks.

Jerry P

Reply to
Jerry P

I love my Rhino, but it's expensive. I paid $500.00 for an 8' bed. I called around and everyone had the same price, so I suspect some price fixing. No regrets though.

Reply to
XLanManX

Does anyone know how the spray on liners do against chemicals such as paint remover, break fluid, acid, etc...

Reply to
Cole Firearms Inc.

I use Line-X in carts for work and let me tell you - it does prevent dings. I use carts for 100lb peices of 4/0 cable stacked 7 or 8 per cart, at each end is a sister lug with 6 90 degree points. Since Line-Xing these carts there are no dings

They also have photos of a building they tried to blow up with and with out the spray on coating. Needless to say the spray on prevent destruction.

Sean M Higgins - Higlet snipped-for-privacy@higsrigs.com

Reply to
Higlet