who makes the Motorcraft oils?

I was wondering if anyone know who blends and packages the Motorcraft oils?

The one I am most interested in is the 15w40 they bottle for the diesels.

skimmer

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

Arabs

Reply to
Ripcord

The "low bidder" for that particular year. I always used WalMart "Tech200"

15W40 in my Ford PSD and Blackstone Labs (where you send your used oil samples for testing ) said my engine was breaking/wearing in beautifully using that oil. They even said to "run it longer" in the engine than the 3000 miles I had been putting on it so I went to 5000 miles as they suggested, with a new filter every time of course.
Reply to
Rudy

I heard once that it came from Ashland Oil in Ashland Ky. Same as Valvoline.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I ran across a page / document the other day (oil_bible.pdf) and the Tech200 stuff scored pretty good. I wonder who specifies that stuff for the Waltons. I use the Tech200 marine grease at 2 bucks a tube instead 8.99 for the Quicksilver / mercruiser brand.

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

I forgot about the Ashland guys. They probably make many of the additives and blend the oils. I doubt it is the arabs, they can barely produce what He gave them.

Reply to
NewsSkimmer