01 Impala fuel guage always FULL

Hello:
The Fuel guage in my 2001 Impala LS always reads FULL. The guage will fall to EMPTY when the key is off, but as soon as I start the car, the
guage reads FULL.
I assume I need a new sender?
Any tips on troubleshooting, or replacement is appreciated.
Have a nice day, Bill

Could well be the sender Bill, and in fact it's pretty likely, but before buying a new pump, check the wiring. Faulty wires account for enough of a percentage of these problems to at least investigate.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

and.....on many late model GM's their is a sender 'card' available so you dont have to buy the pump module just for screwy guage probs. check with your dealer parts man with VIN......kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

Thanks for all of the help and replies. Another question, do I need brass tools to pull the sender. Can I unplug the fuel pump, start the car, and let it discharge the fuel pressure? Finally, how do these 'quick connect' fittings work?
Thanks again for the help.
Have a nice day, Bill