'01 Monte tranny trouble

My '01 Monte Carlo SS with 44k has an auto tranny problem. It seems to slip or shudder in third gear 30-40 MPH range. Doesn't shudder at all in 1st, 2nd, or on highway. No check engine light, no warranty.

Think I should change the TCC solenoid before forwarding my 401k to the dealer?

Reply to
Frank

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

Sometimes it's very difficult for a trans scanner to pick it up. The better dealer techs should be able to identify whether it's a tcc issue if they can readily duplicate it. It's difficult to tell whether the problem is with the solenoid or the valve body. If you're paying someone to put in a solenoid, I'd recommend thinking about replacing the valve body and all the solenoids for peace of mind and investment protection.

Reply to
hyundaitech