02 Buick Park 3.8 A/C compressor clutch replacement

Does someone know if you can replace the A/C clutch assembly with the compressor still mounted in the vehicle or must it be removed and the system emptied of gas ?
Thanks,Dom
It would be easier if it was removed, but it doesn't have to be.

Looking at my 05 it looks like 6 inches of room between the pulley face & unibody. Plus there are two aluminum tubes bolted to the unibody right in fornt of the pulley that you'd have to work around.
It may be easier to get at removing the tire & wheel well liner and work from underneath.
I hope mine last more than 3 years : - (
Harryface 05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles