02 Chevy Express Air Bag Light

Hey Their

Just another question I take safety very serious in my vehicals. My 02 Chevy Express Air Bag light flashes when you start the vehical, as it should, then stays on continuously. I have asked the dealer to check it and they worked at for some 3 hours only to say that they can not find any serious issue. I was told dont' worry about it. Should I be worried? Will the air bags still work properly with the light on? Why can no one in Nova Scotia, where I live, figure out what is wrong with these freakin issues. Their, I feel better now :) Just frustrating as their dosnt seem to be anyone who knows anything where i live about the newer vehicals Thanks

Reply to
snowcatns

If I took my vehicle to a mechanic because my airbag light was on and he told me "not to worry about it," I'd shoot him in the leg, tell him it's not serious and refuse to take him to the hospital.

Did you actually take it to the factory dealer (O'Reagans, MacPhee, etc) or did you take it to a used car dealer? That doesn't sound like something a factory mechanic would say.

When the airbag light comes on, AFAIK, the airbag system is disabled.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I will take it to Carroll GM down where I live. I had it on the scanner at Mighty Auto. Dont think they have a clue about much anyways

Reply to
snowcatns