02 GrandAm stuck ignition

Yesterday my wife and I nearly got stranded 60 miles from home because the ignition in her 02 GrandAm wouldn't turn. I noticed that the steering wheel
lock wasn't working either, so I think the 2 are related. My wife said that it has happened to her a few times before, but she wiggled the shift lever (AT on the floor) and it worked. After I called a buddy to come 60 miles to load the car up, I bought some WD40 at a local store and sprayed a good shot in the ignition. About 2 minutes later it turned.....got the car home and shut it off to try again and it was intermittant.
Anyone know if this was a problem in the GrandAms? Any TSB's out on it? Car just went out of warranty in Sept of course.....32,000 miles. Thanks!
-- Later.......
Eldon
Eldon A. Jons 4603 N. Starr Rd Otis Orchards, WA 99027 509 226-1964