02 impala rolls backwards on hills

I have an 02 Impala LS that rolls backwards on even slight inclines when in drive. It has done this since it was new (only 16K miles on it now) and I didn't think much of it until we had our Caravan's transmission worked on recently and it stopped doing the same thing. Turned out an internal seal was bad.

Anyway, does this indicate a problem with the Impala or is it normal?

Reply to
gad

Normal for almost any newer car, the cars are lighter so the torque convertor has less hold.

Reply to
Me